SPECIAL ELECTORS MEETING
The following motions were presented at the Special Electors Meeting on 12th August.
Click on the link below the motions to read the presentations made to council on that motion.
That Council recommend the Western Australian Planning Commission refuse Structure Plan 34 because
1. Main Roads opposes SP 34 and has no plans to upgrade Great Eastern Hwy in this location. The district road network capacity is constrained and additional population from SP 34 will compromise public safety.
2. SP 34’s Bushfire Management Plan does not adequately address the extreme fire risk and bushfire area access.
3. LSIP 265 was not approved by the Western Australian Planning Commission in 1999 as indicated by the proponent, but rather, it was simply used as a guide to rezone the land within the Metropolitan Region Scheme.
4. There is insufficient detail for review by community and Shire to endorse the Wastewater Treatment Plant as a concept therefore placing community and environment at risk.
Presentation 1 Presentation 2
5. Continuity of sewage services is problematic, due to a lack of a prior WAPC approved area to build the North Stoneville Plant; further exacerbated by low filtration rates across the topography of SP34.
6. The water quality of Susannah Brook and Jane Brook would be seriously comprised with potential discharges of treated water, dam leaks and the subsequent change in water runoff into the two brooks from storm water.
7. SP34 is at odds with the economic development potential in the Shire of Mundaring in the area of tourism.
8. The traditional owners of the land have not be adequately consulted.
9. The methodologies utilised in the Environmental Assessment Report are deficient and specific assertions cannot be supported by local experts.